The Pride Brand Makeover
1. These are the terms and conditions which apply to the Pride Brand Makeover (“Brand Makeover”), and by making a submission, you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The idea behind the Brand Makeover is simple: We want you to take a current campaign aimed at a mainstream audience and give it a makeover for the Pride audience.
3. The deadline for submissions is 11.59pm (UK time) on 5th October 2018 (“closing date”).
Who can enter?
4. The Brand Makeover is open to anyone aged 18 or over, and to any business. It doesn’t matter if you’re in-house, at an agency, a freelancer, a student or just someone with a great idea who just wants to get involved.
5. There is no limit to the number of submissions each individual or business may make.
6. If an individual makes a submission on behalf of a business, or in the name of a business, the individual confirms and guarantees that they are an employee or director of such business and/or that they are authorised by the business to make a submission on their behalf or in their name.
How to get involved
7. To make a submission, visit www.prideam.org/makeover where you can upload an illustration or description of your “made-over” campaign – these can be scamps, concepts, or rough ideas – along with an example of the original campaign. Also upload a written summary of up to 250 words in support of your make-over.
8. The work does not have to run; it can be anything from a scamp to a finished work. It can be designed for any or all media, and can be anything from an individual ad to an entire campaign.
9. The work should reach out or appeal to an LGBT+ audience, including their families, friends, work colleagues and allies, ideally in a unique, fun and engaging way. It should have broad appeal, and avoid nudity and other content which might not be suitable for a young audience.
10. The work should be based on an existing ad or campaign which has already run. You can adapt your own brand’s work or that of a third party.
Use of your submission
11. The best work will be selected by a panel (which will include at least one independent person). Our favourites will get a shout out on the PrideAM website, social media feeds, and in various other ways. The entry judged as the best will be awarded £100,000 worth of Gay Times media inventory across digital, print and social to be used exclusively in 2019 with the exact content breakdown defined by Gay Times. Any runners-up may also receive exposure in Gay Times in print and online. All content will be subject to Gay Times' general advertising terms and conditions. Gay Times' decision is final. In addition we might refer to our favourite ideas/submissions (and we might showcase them) in various media, including social media, on our website, in the press and in magazines and so on. This is subject to any applicable third party approvals, and such exposure is not guaranteed.
12. You may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity and may be asked to assist PrideAM in procuring any third party permissions which may be reasonably required in order to publicise your submission.
13. By submitting your work, you do not assign the rights in your submission to us. You will remain the owner of any and all rights you may own in the submission (subject to any pre-existing third party rights). However, you agree that we may refer to you and your submission, and feature your name and/or submission, in any and all media, for any and all purposes, including on our website, social media channels, PR, trade press and events, etc, throughout the world in perpetuity. This includes (without limitation) the right for us to use the submission for PR purposes, to promote the Brand Makeover (including future Brand Makeovers) and the work of PrideAM generally. You also waive all and agree not to assert any moral or equivalent rights in your submission.
14. In relation to your submission, you warrant and undertake (i.e. you guarantee us) that:
a) you own and control all of the rights in your submission(other than third party rights which you have clearly identified at the time of sending your submission e.g. third party trademarks, copyright works, personal data, privacy rights, etc); and
b) your submission does not contain anything which is or is likely to be illegal, indecent or inappropriate, or which infringes the rights of any person or business, or which is likely to cause any kind of harm or damage to us or any third party (including malware, spyware, etc).
Last few important legal bits…
15. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Brand Makeover and/or these terms and conditions and/or to extend the deadline if we consider it necessary or appropriate to do so, including for unforeseen reasons beyond our reasonable control.
16. In the event of any dispute our decisions are final.
17. We may choose one or several favourites in our sole discretion.
18. Subject to the terms and conditions set out in this document, including the right to publicise the names and submissions of selected participants, we’ll keep all entrants’ personal details confidential, and we won’t use your personal data to send you marketing messages.
19. If we consider that you or your submission are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, without limiting the options available to us, we may exclude you and/or your entry from the Brand Makeover at any time.
20. To the fullest extent permissible by law, except in relation to fraud and death caused by negligence, we exclude all liability to you and all third parties for any direct or indirect loss, damage or harm of any kind arising from the Brand Makeover and your participation in the Brand Makeover. We also exclude all liability to you and all third parties in relation to any use of your submission in a way which is permitted under these terms and conditions.
21. This Brand Makeover is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc). By making a submission, you are providing your information to PrideAM and not to such social media platforms. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Brand Makeover must be directed to PrideAM and NOT to any social media platforms.
22. The Brand Makeover, and these terms and conditions, are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. If you have any questions or comments, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. The Brand Makeover is organised by PrideAM. References in these terms and conditions to ‘PrideAM/we/us/our’ are to PrideAM and our authorised representatives collectively.